DFHS Class of 1981 Trivia Questions
Questions with Answers.
1. Who was voted Best Student in the Senior
Mark Neustadt and Liz Kan
2. Who was mistaken for the superintendent's daughter her first day in
DFHS? Shari Steinman
3. Who was the girls tennis coach?
Coach Pete McHugh
4. Who were the school nurses?
Sue Burke and Evelyn O'Brien
5. What was the theme of our graduating year book?
Winnie the Pooh
What was the name of the local movie theater?
7. Who dressed up as a field hockey player for Halloween?
8.Where was Bill Rahman from?
Malta, but his family lived in England.
9. Who had perfect
(or near perfect) attendance through all 4 years? Natalie Stagliano
10.Who were the lunchroom ladies?
Mrs. Carelli, Mrs. Sheridan, Mrs. Brennan
11. Which teacher drove a Datsun 280Z?
teacher accused students of having "diarrhea of the mouth"? Ms. McCall
13. Which teacher was a model?
Ms. McCall (Plus-sized model)
14. What was Mrs. Chamberlain's pet name for her classes?
What was Mrs. Chamberlain's punishment for disruptive students? A squirt of smelly perfume.
16. What was Mrs. Chamberlain's
favorite type of music?
17. Who was Crazy A?
18. Where were the pay phones?
Two near the music room on 2nd floor. One outside the lunchroom, but not totally sure.
19. Which teacher was
an actor, appearing in commercials for Kodak, among others? Coach Kohl
20. Who sang the National Anthem at graduation?
Joe Rooney and Donna LoPinto
21. What were the decorations on the Christmas tree in the HS lobby? Blue and White
satin ornaments, each with a student's initials on it in glitter.
22. Who's name was skipped when we were called
up to accept our diplomas? Cathy Mers
23. Who was the Social Studies teacher that played the trumpet? Mr. Haffner
24. Who gave "the finger" in the picture of us standing in front of the HS (yearbook)? Pete DeFillipis
25. Who hosted the Sr. Halloween party?
26. Where was the prom held?
The Biltmore Hotel
27. Who were our "Guidance Counselors"?
Mr. Passman and Mr. DeMaio
28. Who was Dean
29. Who was the detention monitor?
Mrs. Rose Gemma
30. What was the football
team's record for the 1980 season?
9-0-1 (We think)
31. Who was the hall monitor?
Mrs. Marian Smith
32.Who was the Driver's Education instructor?
Morg - Mr. Morgenstern
33.Who's nickname was Scuba?
34.Who gave them that nickname?
35. What was the play the year we graduated?
36. Besides Bohemian Rhapsody, name a Queen song performed by the Chorus? Somebody To Love
37. Who was Zelda?
Zelda was (is) Mark Neustadt's mother's name. Joe Bernardo FIXATED on the name and often found ways to work the name into
whatever it was he was saying!
38. Who played Varsity Field Hockey 4 straight years?
What was the name of the pizzeria on Cedar Street?
40. What was the name of the restaurant on the
corner of Cedar and Main Streets? Charcoal Corner
41. What was the name of the Chevy dealer at the intersection
of Broadway & Ashford? Blasberg Motors
42. Where was the gymnasium in the OLD Middle School?
In the basement
43. Where was the gymnasium in the NEW Middle School?
Between the HS Gym and the HS Chemistry classrooms/labs
and the MS Science classrooms/labs.
44. What was the name of the soccer coach?
45. Who scratched
his head with the point-end of a pencil while lecturing the class? Mr. Wood
46. Who was the "poster child"
for "The Wet Head is Dead"?
Mr. Mallin, He always (still) slicks back his hair with some type of pomade.
47. Who preceded every question in Geometry class with "MISSSTER MARKOWITZ"? Ben Charney
48. Who was
the dean before Miss Mullen?
49. Who answered most questions with the "Because God decreed
that...."? Mr. Markowitz
50. What teacher was bald in HS, but had a full head of hair by the time we graduated?
51. What teacher was known as "Ace"?
52. Who were the 3 kindergarten
teachers at Springhurst?
Miss Stickt, Miss Dillon, Mrs Quartucio
53. Who was the principal of Springhurst?
Loren Evory/Mrs. McNamara
54.Which student did the announcements in 4th grade at Springhurst? Rich Fay
Two women: 1 at Springhurst and 1 at DFMS had the same last name. Who were they and what were their positions?
(attendance/lunch monitor) and Mrs. Wolff (Art teacher)
56. Who was the school nurse at Springhurst?
57. What class was always M&M's at the Springhurst Halloween parade? Miss Pearce's class
teacher at DFMS was allergic to soap?
59. Which teacher at DFMS could not look you in the eye directly?
60. Who was called "cyclops", and why was he called that?
Mr. Luther He almost lost
61. Who was the superintendent before Dr. Gerson?
Mr. Robert Andriotti
62. Which teacher had
smile faces on her shoes? What did she teach? Mrs. Joseph (Science)
63. Who was the shop teacher before Morg?
64. Who was the principal at DFMS? What was he famous for wearing? Mr. Chope (Bow Tie)
Name the two gym teachers in the old Middle School.
Miss Sal and Coach Kohl
66. Two teachers in the Middle School
dated. Name them.
Miss Albero and Coach Marinelli
67. Who pulled up on a flat bed truck, and was "unplugged"
by Mr. Ruck? Joe Rooney and his band
68. What feature film premiered in the auditorium before it's theatrical debut?
68A - Who brought the film to Dobbs Ferry High School?
69. What movie did Jack Holly
show to his grade 12 Speech&Communication class in 1981?
Rocky Horror Picture Show
70.Who coined the phrase
71. Which teacher would blow her nose during class & show the contents
to the class? Miss Hallisy
72. Which teacher did a 3 month unit on Mao Tse-Tung and Confucius? Mr. Benezra
73. Which upperclassmen launched a boat in the DFMS parking lot in 1977? Arnie Russo and John Barber
classmate went to all 4 proms?
75. What ever happened to:
Pam Grande? Jimmy Ghisalbert?
Monique Honeywell? Chris Bargout? Sue Cato? Joel Molinari? Stuart Lawrence? Daphne Calfon? Helen Kim? Sorry, We have no idea......